Cobos Tutorial : How to install Cobos in Eclipse
The purpose of this article is to explain how to easily install Cobos and to start using it. One of the major feature of Cobos is its ability to edit and compile COBOL and PL1 programs without any resource installation on your Mainframe.
Some prerequisites before installing Cobos:
- Ensure that the workstation has 2 GB of RAM
- Supported OS: Windows family (from Windows 7) and Linux
- Ensure that a Java JRE 7 or 8 is present on the workstation
- Cobos must be installed on Eclipse Luna 4.4.2 or higher (32bits or 64bits)
Cobos Download Content
The latest version of Cobos can be downloaded here. Once you have unzipped Cobos_.3.x.y_Release-demo.zip file, you’ve got the following directories and files:
- Plugins that contains the plug-ins
- Demo_workspace that contains preconfigured resources for this “quickstart”
Tip: to save time, you should uncheck “Contact all update sites during install to find required software”.
Repeat from step 3 for each archive.
Four items are to be installed:
Ready to go!
Congrats! You’re now ready to use Cobos. We’ll see in the next tutorials how to use Cobos core features, such as: