Cobos 4.0.0 Release Notes
Release 4.0.0 [2018-08-01]
Improvements in this version:
A brand new PL1 Editor is born!
- Syntax highlighting, including SQL and CICS commands
- Outline view with all labels refreshed on the fly
- Content Assist providing templates for the main PL/1, SQL and CICS control statements
- Dark theme support (see preconfigured preferences in the Demo_workspace)
- Mainframe features such as:
- Denumber: blank Column 1 content and Cols 73-80 content (highly recommended)
- Warning message in case of line overflow allowing to edit source without constraint
- Remote compilation feeding Problems view with PL/1 Enterprise compiler messages
Cobos Core enhancements
+ host.xml variables support internal reference to another Cobos variable
This release solves the following bugs:
5619 – COBOL Editor Preferences/Colors horizontal ruler color can now be changed
5620 – Dark theme: in some editors, the scrollbar disappears when we click on it!
This is an eclipse/windows issue. Workaround: uncheck Preference “Show White Spaces” and re-open the editor
5625 – Z/Navigator “Add Member to view”: fix “member not found” issue if entered with a trailing blank
5635 – Dark theme: filter text and clearable text background automatically change according to the theme
5637 – Z/Navigator: Deleting a member named * will delete all members of a PDS!
+ “Add Member to view”: member name syntax is checked
+ mainframe module patch: %MXWMDEL script no more support mass delete