Those are the prerequisites for the installation and using for Cobos.
Cobos is available according to your environment :
- Cobos : basic version
- Cobos4i : basic version + tools for IBM Power Systems with IBM i operating system (legacy AS/400)
- Cobos4z : basic version + tools for IBM z/OS mainframe
This Cobos Release must be installed on Eclipse 4 – from Photon (4.8) (32bits or 64bits) the last version that we tested is Eclipse 2023-06 (4.28).
Earlier versions are no longer supported.
If you are not familiar with Eclipse, we recommend these sites :
For the Cobos tutorials, we recommend using ”Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers.
- For Java 8 only, you must add this argument to the launch of Eclipse (command line or in eclipse.ini file): -Dorg.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=ext
- For Java 11 or higher, you must have the JavaFX module with your Java distribution used.
- Unfortunately, from Java 9, Oracle no longer offers JavaFX in these distributions
Some prerequisites before installing Cobos 5.3:
- Cobos must be installed on Eclipse 4 – from Photon 4.8 (32bits or 64bits)
- Ensure that the workstation has 2 GB of RAM
- Supported OS: Windows family (from Windows 7) and Linux
- Ensure that a Java JRE 8 or higher is present on the workstation
Here are some links to JRE/JDK suppliers:
COBOS DOWNLOAD CONTENT
The latest version of Cobos can be downloaded here. Once you have unzipped Cobos_5.5.x_Release-demo.zip file, you’ve got the following directories and files:
- Plugins that contains the plug-ins
- Demo_workspace that contains preconfigured resources for this “quickstart”